The Class Consulting Group is a boutique management consulting firm headquartered in SFO-Bay Area that provides consulting services to senior management and Board of Directors of nonprofit/philanthropic organizations. It also offers community leadership opportunities to professionals. CLASS collaborates with its clients - the Non-Profit Organizations to help them realize their mission and create tangible value. CLASS offers business consulting services in Marketing, Strategy, Human Resources/ Organization, Finance, and IT.
We are looking for motivated and committed individuals to join our volunteer-driven teams.
Volunteering (All volunteering positions at Class Consulting Group are unpaid)
Education Qualification & Experience
- Assist IT Board Chair in developing strategic and operation plans by identifying short term and long-term priorities.
- Maintains organization's effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies.
- Directs technological research by studying organizational goals, strategies, practices, and user projects.
- Manage all IT projects by coordinating resources with team members.
- Conduct system audits of technologies implemented.
- Preserve assets by implementing disaster recovery and backup procedures and information security and control structures.
- Recommend information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organizational outcomes, identifying problems, evaluating trends, anticipating requirements.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- BSc/BA in computer science, engineering or relevant field; MSc/MA will be a plus.
- 8+ years of prior leadership background.
- Proven experience as IT director or similar role is strongly preferred.
- Experience in analysis, implementation and evaluation of IT systems and their specifications.
- Sound understanding of computer systems (hardware/software), networks etc.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Willingness to take initiatives. Evaluate new technologies for competitive advantage.
- Outstanding communication and presentation abilities.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Solve real-world technology challenges.
- Apply contemporary business principles integral to our organization.
- Minimum 1+ year of commitment for the unpaid / pro-bono position.
- Attend Weekly Meetings: 2 in-person and 2 conference calls.
- Time: Minimum 5 hours per week [excluding meeting time].
- Continuous learning
- Leadership development opportunities.
- Networking opportunities.
- Group based learning.
- Satisfactory volunteering experience.
The CLASS Consulting Group believes in equal employment opportunity and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.