The Class Consulting Group is a boutique management consulting firm headquartered in SFO-Bay Area that provides consulting services to senior management and Board of Directors of nonprofit/philanthropic organizations. It also offers community leadership opportunities to professionals. CLASS collaborates with its clients - the Non-Profit Organizations to help them realize their mission and create tangible value. CLASS offers business consulting services in Marketing, Strategy, Human Resources/ Organization, Finance and IT.
We are looking for motivated and committed individuals to join our volunteer-driven teams.
Volunteering (All volunteering positions at The Class Consulting Group are unpaid)
● Foster relationships across the HR function to deliver value added services to management and volunteers that reflect the business objectives of the organization.
● Assists management in the development of solutions through cultural and process perspective organizational development.
● Advises the internal client on how to find the best way to implement HR policies/procedures and remain compliant with policies.
● Works closely with management and volunteers to improve work relationship, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
● Conduct full-cycle recruiting leveraging online systems and ATS.
● Provides training and support to volunteers (new hire orientation and benefit questions).
● Supports company-wide programs and initiatives (e.g. performance management, organizational change).
● Brings visibility of issues to HR leadership and/or Operations Business Unit Leaders.
Education and Experience:
● Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
●Minimum of 3+ years of experience in HR Generalist/Manager role, with experience in management coaching, team building, employee relations, recruiting, training, and HR program implementation (within a high-technology company preferred)
●Working knowledge of multiple HR disciplines including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, diversity, performance management.
●Proven understanding of HR practices, extensive background using MS Excel, Access and PowerPoint and experience with cloud- based HRIS and timekeeping applications required.
● Willingness to take initiatives
● Strong project management skills
● Excellent in communication and presentation
● Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Minimum 1+ year of commitment for the unpaid / pro-bono position.
- Attend Weekly Meetings: 2 in-person and 2 conference calls.
- Time: Minimum 5 hours per week [excluding meeting time].
- Leadership development opportunities.
- Networking opportunities.
- Group based learning.
- Satisfactory volunteering experience.
The CLASS Consulting Group believes in equal opportunity and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.