The Class Consulting Group is a boutique management consulting firm headquartered in SFO- Bay Area that provides consulting services to senior management and Board of Directors of nonprofit/ philanthropic organizations and offers community leadership opportunities to professionals. CLASS collaborate with our clients -- the Non Profit Organizations -- to help them realize their mission and create tangible value. CLASS offers business consulting services in marketing, strategy, human resources/ organization, finance & IT.
We are looking for motivated and committed individuals to join our volunteer-driven Team.
Board Responsibilities :
• Responsible for growth and sound governing the organization.
• Ensure fulfillment of the mission of the organization.
• Strongly believes in and advocates organizational values.
• Set strategic direction and overall policy.
• Oversee and give final approval to the organization’s budget, evaluate the organization’s progress toward strategic goals and ensure sufficient resources.
• Act as ambassadors for the organization.
• Promote the organization’s image and public standing.
• To establish an organizational culture that embraces strategic planning and sets clearly defined goals.
• Help promote diversity.
• Report to the Board President.
• Work closely with the Team Director and other volunteers.
• Assign work to the committee members, set the agenda, run regular meetings and distribute meeting minutes.
• Initiate and lead the team evaluation and KPI.
• 15+ years of experience in the area of expertise [Management, Strategy, HR, Marketing, Finance, Nonprofits, Sales, Consulting, Academia, etc.]
• Demonstrated interest/passion in the non-profit/social responsibility sector.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment and taking initiative.
• Desire to play lead role in CLASS’s growth strategy.
• Demonstrated effectiveness in meetings and task forces seen as a leader.
• Solid professional reputation.
• Fulfill required time commitment.
• Willing and able to make asks on CLASS’s behalf [ambassadors].
• Honesty, integrity and respect for others.
• Visionary: future orientation.
• Good communications skills open-minded and articulate.
• Strong team-builder and team member.
• Leadership skills.
• Self-confident and outgoing personality.
Estimated time commitment and meeting format
• Attend Monthly Board meetings.
• Attend twice in a month in person team meetings at 7pm pst [1250 Oakmead Parkway, Sunnyvale CA - 94085] .
• Estimated time commitment: 10-15 hours/ month depending needs
• Minimum commitment requirement is 1 Term [3 years]
Type: Volunteer Job/Unpaid, Part-Time (Flexibility to work with your full time job)
If you are interested in above opportunity or any other opportunities, submit an online application form [ http://theclass.catsone.com/careers/ ] or just directly register with us [http://theclass.catsone.com/careers/index.php?m=portal&a=register]. Once we receive your request - our recruitment team would contact you to set up an informational session with you.